Looking for a private tour of the Colosseum? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Visit the world’s famous archeological area: Colosseum, Roman forum and Palatine hill.
• Enter the Colosseum, visit the ground floor and climb up to the second tier.
• Admire the imposing arena and have a great view of the underground structures.
• See Constantine’s arch, one of the few still existing in Rome.
• See the Palatine Hill and enter the Roman Forum, the beating heart of the ancient city.
• Max group size 10 people led by a licensed professional guide.
• Skip the Line and value your time.
Admission tickets price not included.
You will pay the tickets fee on the day of the tour at the meeting point.
• Your guide will take care of the tickets. Adult ticket is 14€
• The ticket for young persons (4-17) with a valid ID is 2€.
• Children (0-3) are granted free admission as well as a free tour.
• The price of the ticket includes the skip the line entrance.
• People having the RomaPass don't have to pay for the tickets. Please email us at email@example.com and specify you have a Romapass.
• 3 hours guided tour in English.
• Secured skip the line entrance to the Colosseum and Roman Forum.
• 5€ discount for young people (4-17).
• Professional english speaking guide.
• Headsets when over 6 people.
• You must be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour departure.
• The meeting point is at the Colosseum subway stop, just outside on the sidewalk, where you will see your guide holding a MindtheGuide green sign.
• After booking you will receive a confirmation email, a Voucher and a Map of the meeting point.
This tour is confirmed with a minimum of 2 people.
Book this tour and receive a 20% off coupon code for the Vatican Museum Guided tour.
• Enter the Colosseum like an ancient roman: through one of the numbered gates and reach, through its galleries, the imperial box: from here the emperor would have attended the games, decided for the life of the fighters and would have been seen by all romans.
• Climb up to the second tier, where ordinary citizens used to seat, learn about the shows that were taking place there: gladiatorial combats, spectacular executions, animal combats and many other great shows you probably don’t even suspect.
• Learn about the behind the scenes of such a building: gladiators intriguing life stories, richness, fame, power and…some blood too!
• See the Arch of Constantine, one of the few still existing in Rome, celebrating the glory of the emperor that legalized christianity.
• walk to the Roman Forum and see the Palatine hill, admire the imposing remains of the imperial house, learn about the gorgeous life the emperors were leading there, although scared of being killed!
• Visit the roman forum…where the downtown was: you’ll walk between the crowded court, the noisy Senate house, the slave market, the Archive, banks, schools and temples, walk on the coble stones where Julius Caesar, Augustus and the emperors that have made Rome great walked!
• You’ll be captured by the stories about the everyday life of a roman citizen: free shows, baths, food and much more! The life of the ancient city will revive through the words of your passionate guide!
• Enjoy the company of a licensed, expert, engaging guide: you’ll love to have fun while learning!
• No need to rush, take all the time you need!... for pictures, breaks, restroom stops…don’t forget…you are on holiday!
• Your guide is there for you! Ask all the questions you want!...in and off topic! We want you to love this city as much as we do, starting with the colosseum and ending with a restaurant.
• Max group size 10 people led by a licensed professional guide
• This tour covers an amount of hill, walks and steps so, please, wear comfortable shoes. Unfortunately we cannot accommodate people in wheelchair or strollers.
• During summer is recommended to bring with you a small bottle of water. Drinkable fountains are along the tour
• We cannot accommodate people who are late.
• Big backpacks and luggages are not allowed in the Colosseum. No lock-room service.
• For unpredictable closures and refund please read the section "Note" above this page.
Reviews by Annika, wales UK on May 8, 2017
For my trip to Rome I was most looking forward to seeing the Colosseum. A huge thank you to Dario and the mind the guide team for such an interesting and informative tour. With the tour we were able to skip the lines and the historical knowledge that Dario provided gave us a great insight about the things we saw.
Me and my partner also loved seeing the roman forum with such wonderfully engaged and likable guides. I couldn't recommend it enough!
Reviews by Fidi H. from Singapore, Singapore on Dec 24, 2016
- "Breathtaking view of the Colosseum"
I came across MTG whilst doing my research online for day tours in Rome. Dario responded to my inquiry promptly and was the most patient who took the time to answer my questions fully. I booked two guided tours for myself and my 9 year old son. The packages are reasonably priced and there's a discounted price for children (which I think will be appealing for families travelling with their young ones).
We were the only two who signed up for the guided tour on that day but Dario was still enthusiastic (despite just having us two) and led us into the Colosseum. The view was magnificent! The tour was engaging. Dario gave us a tour of a lifetime and believe me I don't know how he does it, but through his voice and storytelling style he brought the Colosseum back to life! That requires some serious skills which Dario has mastered.
I appreciated Dario allowing me to absorb the breathtaking view while he took the opportunity to engage my son in stories about gladiators, wild animal hunts, etc. In other words, he did not hurry us along but allowed us to take in the magic of the Colosseum & the Roman Forum while still provided us a seamless delivery of history during these tours.
I read somewhere that tour guides are key front line players in the tourism industry and if any awards are given out to these players, Dario definitely deserve one of them!
Keep the magic alive Dario. Well done!
Reviews by Hailey, Manchester UK on Dec 18, 2016
I have been on many guided tours but, I must say mind the guide is a A+ outfit. The guides were punctual, easy to locate, very courteous and extremely knowledgeable of the areas we toured. We saw the Coliseum, Roman Forum, Constantine Arch and The Vatican.. Dario was able to tell us many details and eras for all of the artwork and how the artwork had evolved through time. He showed us the differences between Roman and Greek sculpting. Francesca was able to tell us anything about the Coliseum and surrounding sights. She knew all of the history, details and was able to take us into the basement of the Coliseum and show us how everything worked back in the day. Both the guides were able to navigate the Coliseum and Vatican flawlessly, if there was a particular thing we wanted to see they made sure to make it happen. They keep the groups small which excellent. Mind the guide also enables you to skip the line so you're not waiting hours to get into the attraction so you can get even more out of your vacation.
Reviews by Paige, Illinois, USA on Oct 12, 2016
We had a fantastic private tour with Simone last week. We toured the Colosseum. Simone was amazing! He taught us so much about Roman history and culture, architecture and archaeology.
We felt very lucky to have someone guide us who clearly has a true passion for Rome and it's history. We learned so much, I never felt overwhelmed and we hanged on his every word. His manner of presenting the information was so engaging. We were had our 3 teenage boys with us and at the end of a week in Rome and Positano we asked what their favorite part of the trip was and they all three said "Simone!".
Reviews by Stefanie, San Diego, CA on Oct 9, 2016
- "Enthusiasm and passion!"
My husband and I had an excellent experience with Dario. He is clearly passionate about the history of Rome and knows his facts. He had so much to share and his enthusiasm regarding the subject made it so much more enjoyable. Also, the group is smaller (10 people) which allows for more personalized attention to details. One of the best things we did in Europe!
Reviews by Jordan, London on Sep 11, 2016
- "Mind blowing tour passionately told"
Francesca was our local guide of the Colosseum and Roman forum. Taking only 5 of us we got to experience the best tour I've ever done anywhere in the world!! Fancesca was so passionate in her guidance, filling our heads with so much history in as much detail that could be told! She stuck to facts not storytelling myths like some guides can, just kept on blowing our minds with the history of Rome!! Forever to be remembered! Thank you Francessca
Reviews by Natasha, Illinois, US on Aug 14, 2016
- "Colosseum tour with passion"
Francesca tours were strongly recommended to us by a close friend and we strongly recommend them too!!!
We loved especially our tour of the colosseum and forum with her. Everything was easy to arrange on line, and the tour was perfect. Three hours was the right amount of time to see everything and hear the stories and explanations. The pace was perfect. She was warm and funny and must have good connections because the rain didn't start until 3 minutes after the tour was finished! As it got hotter, Francesca made sure we had water and let us rest in the shade for a few minutes. She even had us take the elevator to the top of the colosseum, which was great for my bad knee. She was up on the latest archaeological news, and made what could be a dry subject absolutely fascinating. Thank you so much Francesca! We will recommend you to anyone coming to Rome!
Reviews by Camila, Brisbane, Australia on Oct 19, 2016
-- Where to start?!
I really can't say enough about how wonderful today's tour was. It's without a doubt the most incredible and interesting tour I've ever been on! Hands down this is whom you should pick your next tour with. Best value for dollar & the tour is brilliant!!!
Our incredible tour guide Angelica met us first thing at the meeting stop & began our tour right then & there. It was only my husband & I booked on the tour-how lucky to have a private tour of Rome :)
Angelica is extremely knowledgeable in history & a pure delight to listen to; she took us everywhere on the map & even pointed out extra churches, old bakeries & good restaurants for us.
The history of the architects whom created this magical city is very interesting, Angelica knows all about them & their work & informed us of hilarious history regarding 'fountain building wars' & building competitions - a great perspective on a different side to the city.
Reviews by Erika, Denver, US on Aug 8, 2016
My husband and I booked a tour of the Colosseum and Roman Forum with Angelica following a recommendation by a work colleague. The booking process was straightforward and our emails were answered promptly! We had no problems finding her on the day as all instructions were clear. Angelica was amazing from the moment we met. She has an extremely warm personality, incredible knowledge and enthusiasm. She brought the Colesseum to life for us. A truly amazing experience which we will never forget. Would highly recommend!
Reviews by Ilona v. from Wijchen, Netherlands on Feb 12, 2016
- "Would recommend this tour with Dario to everyone!!"
Again a great day with Dario! We had booked two tours with Dario, the first to the Vatican and the second day this tour.
We started in the Colloseum and Dario arranged that we could also do a tour in the undergrounds of the Colloseum. This was done by a tourgouide from the Colloseum itself, but Dario went with us and told us even more and extra info. Next we went to the Palatine and the Forum Romanum. Again dario told us all about the history of his city and these specific places. He did this with great passion and he also was an easy person to talk to.
In the meanwhile Dario dicovered my love for food and kept giving us tips about great places to eat. Loved this!!
All and all a great day in which Dario made us feel like a friend he was showing his hometown.
Reviews by Verena M. from Biberbach, Austria on Feb 8, 2016
- "Great Tour and Experience"
Many thanks again for the great day. The tour was perfect. We highly appreciated that you just guided us two. We can highly recommend going on a tour with you!!
Reviews by Peter M. from Crowthorne, UK on Sep 14, 2015
Very entertaining Roman with a real love and in depth knowledge of the city and its history. She has been a professional guide for many years and has an encyclopaedic memory of facts and dates which she can relate to how the city must have looked in ancient times. She uses many clever montage pictures to show how what we can see today would have looked like before being damaged by time and weather and these bring the buildings to life. We were lucky to be a tour of just two which allowed all our questions to be answered whilst leaving us keen to come back and explore more next time. I would highly recommend her, especially as she is fluent in a number of languages.
Reviews by Dena S. from Rio Rancho, USA on Sep 18, 2015
We had a great time! It was money well spent!
Reviews by Jake W. from Potts point, Australia on Sep 6, 2015
- " Bringing the Colosseum to life"
Andrea made this tour come to life. He was able to answer all our questions informatively and fully. We all really enjoyed our experience and we're delighted we took up the recommendation we received from a family member who visited Rome in the last year and did this tour with Andrea. Don't hesitate to use them.
Reviews by Teri C. from Laguna Beach, USA on Sep 4, 2015
- "Turned out to be a private tour"
We had a great tour. Alfredo was thorough, personable and explained a lot about the City and the various timelines of the antiquities. We enjoyed it.
Reviews by Claire T. from Lancaster, UK on Aug 31, 2015
- "Brought the Colosseum to life"
This was our first trip to Rome a family of 4 with Two teenage children.
We did some research before we went and decided to hire a guide for the Colosseum.
Dario was our guide and he brought the place to life , his knowledge of the Colosseum was excellent and you find out lots of info that you would miss if not on the tour, he managed to keep the kids interested the whole time with a good balance of stats and humour, I would definitely recommend this tour if you are going to the Colosseum.
Reviews by Anne A. from Atherton, USA on Jul 20, 2015
We loved our tour of the Colosseum & Roman Forum with Arianna. Arianna is an archeologist by training, and she made history come alive by showing us what happened in the Colosseum, where people sat, and even how the emperor signaled which gladiator was the winner. Not only is Arianna knowledgeable and enthusiastic about classical Rome, she explains things in an engaging and understandable way. We couldn't have had a better tour guide in Rome.
Reviews by Barbra F. from Lago Patria, ITALY on Jul 13, 2015
Francesca provided interesting and intelligent commentary throughout our tour. Thank you for a great morning!
Reviews by Angela C. from Strathfield, Australia on Jul 6, 2015
- "Colosseum and Roman Forum"
Can I give Francesca 10 stars?
Firstly I commend MindtheGuide for giving tours to a small group. It made the tour much more enjoyable and personal. Francesca was fantastic. Her knowledge of the Roman history was excellent and she delivered the information very well.
Thank you for an excellent Roman history lesson and wonderful experience.
Reviews by Jesse L. from Perth, Australia on Jul 1, 2015
Dario is a great guide- he's very knowledgable and very friendly. The tour was a true 'skip the line' tour, which was good. Got to see plenty of the Colosseum and the Roman Forum and Dario explained every detail clearly and simply. We would definitely go on another tour with him!
Reviews by Michael M. from Mount Martha, Australia on Jul 12, 2015
We recently had a tour of the Colosseum and forum with Dario - he certainly knew his stuff and conveyed the history of what we were seeing in an engaging and informative way - he is great with kids and ensured that ours were included and involved - if you want to skip the lines and get an insight into what you are looking at I would book this tour. Don't look any further, seriously - Michael M
Reviews by Christopher C. from Redlands, USA on Jun 19, 2015
- "Colosseum and Forum Tour"
We really enjoyed our tour with Alfredo! He was knowledgable, friendly and patient. I would definitely recommend his tour!
Reviews by Cedric F. from Westminster, United States on Jun 4, 2015
Paolo was great with the kids and very patient with us adults.
Reviews by Rodney A. from Hallam, Australia on Jun 3, 2015
- "Fantastic tour of colloseum"
2nd tour provided by same company and well worth the $ saving time, waiting in line and so informative. Family much enjoyed the tour and loved the small details like Nero the resident cat! Plus the history. Thank you.
Reviews by irina b. from larchmont, United States on May 24, 2015
- "Big thank you for a great tour"
We really enjoyed our tour of Colesseum and Forum with Francesca. Thank you!
Reviews by James L. from Carson City, United States on May 20, 2015
- "Insightful Colosseum & Roman Forum Tour"
Jowita is very knowledgeable on the historical background of the Colosseum and the Roman Forum.
Her most important skill, however, is conveying a unique picture on the daily lives of ordinary Roman citizens, gladiators, and the Roman rulers. I am certain she adds more color to the tour than most other tour guides, and for this reason I highly encourage using her services when she is available to lead a tour.
Reviews by Deborah M. from Atherton, USA on May 5, 2015
- "Fantastic tour of the Colosseum and Forum with Dario"
My husband and I are both very critical and we thoroughly enjoyed our tour with Dario. He is extremely well informed and informative, knows his history backwards and forwards, answered our questions attentively and patiently, and was generally delightful. He spent more than the allotted time with us and was interested in our perspectives as well. We can't praise him highly enough!
Reviews by Steve B. from Davie, USA on Dec 31, 2014
My family of four went on a tour of the Colosseum & Roman Forum with Alfredo. We are normally not the tour type of people, but this was absolutely amazing. He kept my two children interested the entire time with intriguing facts (ages 12 & 15). He was extremely knowledgeable about everything, and we were able to ask many questions in general about all of Rome as well. I felt like I took a semester of world history class when the 3 hours were over. I would HIGHLY recommend Mind the Guide to any one. Dario, the owner, was very courteous, and Alfredo, the guide, was the best. We also went on the Vatican tour that same afternoon with Mind the Guide. See my review there as this was incredible as well. A++++
Reviews by Francisco S. from San Diego, San Diego on Dec 18, 2014
We were hesitant on taking a tour when visiting Rome we didn't want to be spending lots of time listening to some one talk. However, we decided to give it a try and needless to say. We were very impressed with the knowledge that Dario has, and the easy to understand the history and not be uninterested with the tour. We were very happy how Dario conducted the tour and all the information he gave us about a specific site the we visited. Thank you Dario for everything. Familia Soto
- Please, keep in mind that the Colosseum may be closed due to workers' strike; some areas may also be closed due to flooding on rainy days. As such, these inconveniences are beyond Mindtheguide's control.
- It is important you bring water: Infact Rome can be very hot in Summer time. Fountains will be available along the tour to fill your bottles.
- We invite you to bring some water and wear a comfortable clothing and shoes.
- In case the tour cannot run as promised, we will offer you a full refund or an alternative tour or a modification on the same tour. We will contact you as soon as possible in order to accommodate you and will work with you to find the best solution.
- On the day of the tour, remember to bring with you a valid ID if you are signed up for a youth ticket. All the adults member of the group will reimburse your guide with €14 each on the day of the tour. The same ticket is valid for the Roman Forum, which is a site included on this tour.
- Unfortunately, the Colosseum is not equipped with elevators that reach all floors of the structure. As such, we are unable to accommodate people in need of wheelchair access, or who may have significant ambulatory impairments.
- Luggages are not allowed in the Colosseum. Bring with you a small bagpack or a purse. Don't bring little knives or glass bottles.